Monday, February 13, 2017

OMG

We had a huge dump of snow yesterday. It snowed off and on since Friday in fact, but really started to come down in earnest yesterday into the night.
Do you see that fence way back there? Since building that fence, there has never been a winter where it was totally buried. Given that it is only the 13th of February, I think there is a good chance it may disappear this year! There are snowbanks in the photo, but they are a good forty feet between the tractor and fence.

This photo was taken about 3PM yesterday. It was really coming down at that time!

I've come to the conclusion that the piles of wood inside are holding up the rickety wood shed roofs. They are just wings off the proper shed roof with a 2x6 being held up with some cedar poles which are NOT fixed into the ground.\

Snowbanks out at the head of the lane are higher than I am tall. I walked out to get my mail a short while ago. The mailbox was full of snow!

Cat TV is always fun. I throw a handful of seed in front of the window when I fill the feeder. I swear that red squirrel puts on a show just for the benefit of Miss Kitty. My two cats NEVER go outdoors by the way.



8 comments:

  1. It's a strange winter. Maine is buried, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We put peanuts on the window ledge, for squirrels. The cat thinks it is the greatest show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we don't have outside windowsills so porches have to do.

      Delete
  3. We got hit by it too.

    My parents would put peanuts on a second story window ledge for the squirrels and birds. The cats knew it, and were always sitting in the chairs in that room, watching the show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, a second story wouldn't deter a squirrel around here. We have one climbing the porch post and hiding in the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sure did get dumped on! We had snow, but it was more the crazy wind that made things treacherous - blowing snow, ground drifting... Spring cannot come soon enough. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My cousins in S. Nova Scotia are well and truly BURIED!

      Delete