Sunday, March 19, 2017

Family Ties

It is a grand weekend! The sun has continued to shine and the temperatures are tolerable. One of the porches is completely bare. I occasionally stand out there and imagine the projects I want to do and how lovely it is going to look.

Searching for my cousins birth family is going well. I mentioned previously that we had determined that one of my grandmothers sisters was the mother of K's father.  Diligent digging through various sources has found the gal I suspected working exactly where my father used to tell us she worked. Then in 1940, not long after the birth of the child, she is a domestic in the home of a lawyer.  I've been trying to learn more about this lawyer but not having a whole lot of luck. It appears that he left Toronto and moved to California a couple of years later. That matches my great aunts movements as well. She came back to Peterborough for awhile. She then returned to Toronto around the time of my sisters birth in 1954.  Did I also mention that this woman is my Godmother?
My cousin match is in Toronto for a week trying to find more proof and visiting relatives.

We have a gaggle of M's family coming for a bang up turkey dinner today. We were sorting out the deep freeze and found a rather big turkey. Good excuse to get the fam together isn't it!!

5 comments:

  1. A turkey dinner, now that is enough to make anyone want to join your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a wonderful meal. The company made the meal complete.

      Delete
  2. How nice to have a turkey dinner without the added stress of a holiday attached to it! Great idea. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was SO GOOD. I even had a turkey sandwich for lunch yesterday, for which I paid dearly (being gluten intolerant), but it was SO worth it at the time.
      Today I'm subsisting on tea and oatmeal to calm the belly down.

      Delete
  3. It's that time of year when even if it's below freezing, the sun's rays are doing their work on the snowpack.

    ReplyDelete