Thursday, April 20, 2017

Wet Feet

The waters have subsided in my immediate neighbourhood. The creek and river have resumed their regular paths. I wish I could say the same for the chain of lakes up the highway a bit.
Homes are flooded. Trailers in the trailer parks are floating. Roads are closed. Businesses are closed.
I saw a photo on a website of a nice boathouse in Muskoka, collapsed.
The ice is breaking up on the lakes. The MNR is hoping the winds don't pick up and drive those ice floes into cottages and boathouse and cause further damage.
It's a right old mess.

It has been a rather sad week for our family. My dear cousin Colleen passed away a few days ago. She had recently been diagnosed with cancer. I've been trying to reconnect with my paternal family after years of estrangement. It's hard to be happy when this happens.

3 comments:

  1. I've been reading about the heavy flooding in your area. You wonder how people are able to cope. Sorry to hear about your cousin.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your cousin. We had a great deal of rain here yesterday, but just the usual flooded plains from rivers that overflow at this time of year. Hope all is well in your area. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete