Other than a quick run to the mailbox, I'm spending this entire day indoors.
M has been working in the shop, in short bursts, with a big box fan blowing. The heat is simply unbearable! We are forecast to get some serious storms this evening. I sure hope the power doesn't go out.
The other fly in the ointment today is the SMOKE. There are awful wildfires burning in the area north and east of Thunder Bay. The prevailing winds are bringing the smoke down through Eastern Ontario and West Quebec. I just went to the front door to retrieve our Amazon package. The smoke just sucked the oxygen right out of me!
Mr Amazon brought me a lovely cotton muslin blanket. After it was recommended by one of my Florida cousins, I went searching locally. All I could find were awful synthetic covers. It wasn't too expensive either! I have a hard time keeping comfortable during hot spells. I'm either too hot or chilled if the AC kicks on.
We are going to have an early light supper of perogie and sausage. Lets keep the house cool.
(I was thankful the dastardly migraine had left the building when I woke up this morning)
Indoors all afternoon here. The smoke has been thick at times. I put out laundry, and it smells slightly.
ReplyDeleteI'm washing my Pals's bedding this afternoon. I was hoping to line dry it but I don't think that will happen. My sister was telling me the smoke is just thick in Peterborough. Reminds her of the fire pit at her summer place in Bancroft.
DeleteIt was quite a storm. We lost power for awhile. Alexa got stuck around 2:30, and we had to reboot her this morning.
ReplyDeleteI hoped all that rain Tuesday night would wash more of the smoke out of the air but shadows are still pink today, so there is a lot up there. Poor souls. At least all we have is the smoke.
ReplyDeleteAnd unlike AC in Carleton Place, we never lost the power here.
It certainly is testing us! The weather etc. We are not in any way close but our sky has been yellow much of the day. Cooled off after 1pm.
ReplyDelete