Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Just beautiful

 I could happily spend this whole day just walking in the woods. There are so many birds! I hear and/or see blue jays, crows, phoebe, robins, gold finches galore, three types of wood pecker and the sweet pair of doves that hang around my yard. Surprisingly, we didn't see them last year. I wonder why?

This is me doing what I love to do most in this world.



The buds are swelling on the trees. It won't be long now. I thought there would be a lot more storm damage along my trail, but it's minimal. Lots of small branches and one long dead cherry tree down was all I could see. That low piece of land at my back used to be a bog. About 15 years ago our big tractor get seriously stuck down there. It's so dry now you could drive a car through it after a bit of trimming.  The slope on the left side of the path will soon be covered with trilliums.

10 comments:

  1. Glad the weather is finally turning to Spring.
    Stay Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to enjoy the same - just a walk in the woods in early spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is beautiful out there today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We walked a bit of our trail today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's fun seeing you walk in the woods. Isn't it beautiful when the trees start to bud and get that beautiful shade of yellow-green? One of my favorite sites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My maples are covered in big red buds. I expect to see the green haze of the poplars soon.

      Delete
  6. Like you, I could happily spend the entire day walking in the woods at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete