Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Running from the black dog

 Those who know, know what I'm on about.

Everything going on here, along with things NOT happening, is taking a toll.

We have a different heating contractor coming by tomorrow. He knows most of both of our families and knows what a difficult time we've had. Everyone speaks highly of him. I think we're going to get a better offer from this fellow.

M is feeling slightly better today. He finally agreed to try the heating pad and is finding it to be just the ticket. He's two weeks since his accident.

My elderly neighbour called to complain about her lot in life. I suggest I collect her and we run about for the afternoon. We got our bitching and complaining out of the way first and then had some good laughs. I think we both felt a good bit lighter on our way home. She is so much frailer than when I last had her out last month. She just celebrated her 86th trip round the sun.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you are getting another opinion. Some companies are out to push the Higher Priced Fixes, whether they need it or not.
    Glad M is finding relief.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you. I've been stressing out about my client. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was nice to take your friend out -- and probably good for both of you. I hope the new heating contractor comes in with a good price -- and that M gets some relief soon. No wonder the Black Dog is here. And digging a hole.

    ReplyDelete