Time just seems to be rushing by!
We have so much to do before the weather really flips. Thankfully this September has been really warm. I can't remember a year when we didn't have a touch of frost before the middle of the month. It was quite warm last night, and foggy as all get out by dawn!
Both M and I were not in fighting form today. He is still nursing a very sore, swollen knee and I've been fighting with a migraine. By late afternoon we were both a bit improved, so we had a bit of a job needing to be done asap. Awhile back we bought some BIG slabs of beef. We processed several of them at the time and put the others in the big freezer. We were out of ground beef, so I thawed one of the slabs and we got to work. We cut a bit for a beef stew, and another good chunk to roast. The remainder got ground. We love our big commercial Kitchen Aid machine. We bought attachments for it on sale at a kitchen gadgets store going out of business!
After dinner the pup and I went around swapping sd cards in the trail cameras. Only a little brown bunny has been interested in the pile of apple peels and cores up in the woods. The camera out on the road shows a coyote walking up to my neighbours lane every night! I phoned to warn him to keep his two little dogs in. Little Lucy doesn't like going outdoors at the best of times, but Brody wants to be out guarding! Brody is no more than fifteen pounds so he wouldn't stand a snowballs chance with the coyote!
Tomorrow we are hoping to get out on service calls. I'm going along to be the goffer. M has multiple golf carts to service at this facility so I don't want him jumping up and down until we're sure his knee is over this hiccup. The business is still going strong with the good weather so they need them fixed Now. This time last year they just tucked them into the barn until the snow left in the spring.
I had to look it up already bc of a medical issue. The first day of frost here in CP is Sept 20 or at least by September 30. I think you are higher up, so it would usually be earlier.
ReplyDeleteI hear you about the knee. And the coyote. We have had a fox several times and a bear once. The bear was here while the granddaughter was out trail running and her mother had a bit of trouble finding her and diverting her from the locale where the bear had been. Luckily it started to rain a bit, so she was persuaded in. The grandkid, not the bear.
ReplyDeleteSorry about M's knee, I'm sure it's painful.
ReplyDelete