I took some Tylenol Cold and Sinus this morning, which greatly alleviated my symptoms. There is work to be done!!
First on the agenda was peeling and slicing the last of the apples. M then made a coarse sort of apple sauce. I had some frozen puff pastry sheets in the freezer, so we are going to make two strudels. We were talking about how flavorful the wild apples are. The store apples have been so cross bred that they have lost a lot of their unique flavors.
There is some serious yard work to get done up. M. hauled the patio table down off the porch. I brought all of the garlic and onions out of the dark garage and got them all cleaned up and into baskets. Now the table can go under the porch for the winter. I took all of the stalks and broke them up and stuffed them into the old washer tubs my neighbour brought over. I topped that with a thick layer of grass clippings and then a good thick layer of hummusy soil. They will be ready for planting in the spring.
After that my get up and go left the building so I came in for a cup of tea. I feel better getting a couple of chores off my list.
A very productive day.
ReplyDeleteYou are right about the apples. Love that zing of flavour. Some of ours have pink streaks running through the flesh, so beautiful.
Do you have a 'peeler-corer-slicer'? It makes short work of prepping apples for processing.
We do!
DeleteI have finished my rather intensive round of Tylenol Cold and Sinus, but it may have worked.
ReplyDeleteYour apple things sound delicious. I was in yard work mode yesterday and probably today too. It doesn't do itself, unfortunately!
ReplyDelete