Friday, January 26, 2024

Doing what we can

 There is still no movement on our fire claim. The insurance company DID finally phone late this afternoon, but we were doing the shopping and didn't get home until after business hours.

M. cleaned the wood furnace and pipes, then made a decision to buy NEW pipes. So, we added that to our shopping list. The furnace bits are all back together and keeping us cozy. Thank goodness we still have heat. I guess I shouldn't complain. One chimney is burned out and we can't use the wood stove upstairs. So that's it.

The weather has been pretty moderate after those few COLD days. Some areas around us got quite a bit of freezing rain, but not us. We just had a few ice pellets.

The neighbour was telling me the moose has been walking out on our road. I put a trail camera at the end of his lane shooting out to the road that comes down from the bush. There is a lot of snowmobile traffic out here these days so I expect there will be a lot of shots of them. I will go collect the card tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. It could have been worse, but it's a trial regardless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting if you can get photos of the moose. Sorry about the claim delay.. it isn't 'their' house, right? Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you still have heat and that the weather hasn't been too grim. I hope you can get some action from the insurance company now. Hang in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you get some answers tomorrow when you call the insurance company

    ReplyDelete
  5. Frustrating. But I am glad you can keep warm.

    ReplyDelete