Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Tuesday stuff

 Daughter T and I ran the roads this morning. We started our outing with brekkie at Tim Hortons. As we were exiting the car, my girl exclaimed "look at that burned out house"! A very large empty house kitty corner to Tims burned early this morning. A Tims employee said it was a squat. They frequently saw derelict looking individuals coming and going. The property is scheduled to be the future home of some sort of medical facility.

We did some shopping and called it a day about noonish.

My new chair arrived today. It's just lovely.

The warmer days are a relief. We are awaiting a quote on an electric furnace now. Still no relief from our fire damage. 

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad your chair arrived! Yes, warmer days. Hopefully you'll have news on the fire damage and a new furnace soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pleased to hear that the chair suits. It is always a gamble until you get it into the house and set things up.
    I am not getting a mental map of the burnt house. My bad.
    Timmy's. Ah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If the Adjuster is dragging their feet on the repairs, just ask if you need to get a Lawyer. They will move a lot faster.
    Be Safe and Enjoy your new chair.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The adjuster isn't the problem, it's getting contractors to come assess the situation.

      Delete
  4. Oh Karen, I am so sorry about your fire. I am just catching up on your posts. I hope things get sorted quickly for you. Thankfully you had insurance.

    ReplyDelete