Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Not a bad day considering

 I don't know what time the rain started but it was really belting down when I woke up.

I had an indoor project calling, no, pleading, so today was the day.

You may recall that I had to move a lot of "stuff" out of the way with our pending chimney removal. I just stuffed everything into the back bedroom. What stuff? Two exercise bikes, a big spinning wheel, two bookcases, an artists easel, multiple rubbermaid bins, a couple of chairs and three fans.

On top of all that, there were several boxes containing 40+ years of genealogical research. Mine has now been published and most of the others has been handed off to the respective families. Meanwhile I'm still hoarding all the random bits of paper and notebooks. I had a really good cull there. I also dug out 20 year old household bills and bank papers. That will be shredded then burned tomorrow.

The room is still a disaster, but it now has a hole in it.

The rain took a break after dinner so I went out with my spade and relocated the rest of the rhubarb clumps.

8 comments:

  1. I have a file drawer and several looseleaf books of genealogical 'stuff'. I must consult the grandkid. If she wants it, it gets packaged. Otherwise, it goes to a distant cousin who is into it. My grandmother's china, on the other hand, with its pretty pink flowers and gold (shudder) borders, is going to the grandkid, like it or not. JG makes noises about ditching or selling it, but I JUST CAN'T. Good luck with the rest of your room. And the bonfire. We are having one of those too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. None of mine are interested in my research. We gave the kids sets of fine china when they married so none of them are interested in my blue willow, even if it is antique.

      Delete
  2. You have taken genealogy very seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The rain is just ridiculous. We have one dry day and then dumped on for two. Too wet to do anything!
    My rhubarb looks better every year, I'm not moving it any more, I think I might have found the sweet spot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Over an inch here..we are saturated. Not complaining, mind you!
    It does feel good to get organized.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't part with the genealogy notes... beecause you never know when you'll want them again! I can relate -- your chimney project reminds me of the dreaded basement!

    ReplyDelete