Early this morning we stepped out to get started on this mess.
We need to get it into the shed before to much rain falls on it.
My youngest and her youngest are coming to town for a couple of days. They will come to us tomorrow and have dinner. DD is fond of M spaghetti so we needed to get a pot of sauce stewing. I had to run to the grocery store to pick up a couple of things for the meal.
On my way home I had to pick up more boxes for my Pal to pack her house. I was surprised to see the big moving trailer there and her house almost empty. She has lived there since building that home with her late husband in 1963. It's very hard for her to leave.
I saddens me to realize she is now palliative and is not going to be with us much longer. My daughter and I will be going to spend our coffee dates with her as long as we can.
The front garden is booming. I pick zucchini every day. There are some other unidentified squash in there and one watermelon. I'll soon be harvesting the herbs in the middle box. The far box had garlic and onions that have now been harvested. It's replanted with radish and lettuce. The box in the foreground is all flowers.
And then there is this.
I make use of containers! My neighbour is giving me four recycled dryer drums to plant in next season!



The garden looks great. Gardening in containers is the way to go -- lots easier to manage, I think.I know you will really miss your Pal. It sounds like a wonderful friendship and I know that means a great deal to her.
ReplyDeleteSad when neighbors get old and sick, it is wonderful that you will go to visit her!
ReplyDeleteThat is a pile of exercise waiting!
ReplyDeleteLove the marigolds.
It is tough. I know.
ReplyDelete