Monday, July 20, 2026

Busy Weekend Quiet Day

 Saturday was cloudy, but the smoke seemed to have cleared. About noon, I left M doing some prep work for the event he was hosting,  and headed to the small city to attend the Multicultural Festival. I didn't get to far when I noticed the extremely ominous looking sky across the Quebec side of the river, and a bit of thunder rumbling. It seemed like a good time to get back to Ruby and head out. As I reached for the door big fat rain plops started hitting me. Before I got anywhere there was such a deluge I could NOT SEE!

I had to pick up a couple of things for M. at the grocery store. I got soaking wet, even with the rain poncho! It was just blowing and raining like crazy.

I came home and gave M. a hand chopping and dicing and moving things to freezers and all that. 

Sunday dawned bright and clear. 

M. was hosting a Chinese buffet for Poppa''s 83 birthday. There was a lot of cooking going on in this house. It was a really great meal and everyone enjoyed it with great gusto. Ten bodies were filled to bursting, haha.

M. especially is just whooped after being on his feet for two days cooking up a storm. We are on 'vacation" this week so we're going to enjoy some down time.  We have at least one out of town day trip planned. On Wednesday I'm having a girls day with my daughter T and my Pal.

There is a bit of rain in the forecast so we will probably have to figure out how to work around that. I think the one day trip can probably be okay because it is mostly just a drive by.  I hope we can work a lunch stop in there.

We had the Fifa soccer final on in the background all afternoon. That was one nail biter of a game! We were happy to see Spain win. Some of the spectacle was questionable according to our audience, but the game was fantastic!


3 comments:

  1. It seems like you had quite the To Do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the weather holds well for your day trip. Three cheers to M for plenty of cooking and it sounds delicious. Glad your smoke is easing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been more then busy. Congrats to M on his get-together.
    Being further north than we are, I'm surprised that you are not still smogged in. Our skies are now clear, but you can still smell the smoke.
    Stay Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete