Tuesday, July 7, 2026

The heat is back

 Our temperature was over 30C again today.

We had to make a trip west past Deep River this afternoon. There is a lot of highway paving happening. We were quite uncomfortable sitting there waiting for our turn to proceed through the construction zone. I can't imagine how brutal it is for the workers. M pointed out that the guy sitting up at the controls of the hot mix machine would really be in the hotspot. He had a big umbrella but there was steaming asphalt below him. The fumes alone would be horrible!


3 comments:

  1. Yikes. We've been in the 80s. Today will be wet and muggy, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always think we're never happy. We don't like the rough roads but we don't like waiting while they repair them! Not a critique to you, but something I often kick myself for complaining about. 🫣

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't understand why they do these projects in the height of summer in an area highly dependant on tourist dollars. This was a nine week project that could have been started in April.

      Delete