Once again we are deluged by smoke from northern fires. This is the second summer in the past five years that we have had the issues. In my 70+ years of life I can never remember this before.
I'm staying indoors as much as possible.
I was reading a piece in a Toronto publication about folks going on vacation. It continues to baffle me that having spotty cell service is worth anxiety. I would think folks want to get out of the city and leave that crazy umbilical cord detached. Once upon a time we would take a computer device so we could check in with our home and pet sitter once in awhile. It baffles me when I see the folks wandering around the features, not paying any attention to their surroundings - unless their connection drops, sheesh.
I don't remember it like this either.
ReplyDeleteI'm staying in too. I'm sure it's not as bad but our AQ index is 375 today.
ReplyDeleteI grew up in Windsor and we had smoke coverage that I recall several times. I think it must be what the major currents in the upper atmosphere are doing that sends it down the Great Lakes corridor.
ReplyDelete