Monday, August 24, 2026

Keeping busy

 I'm slowly cleaning up the garden. Today I pulled all of the herbs and set them up to dry.

The carrots and turnips in the back garden are all that remain. They can stay for weeks yet.

The garlic and onions are curing in a dark corner of the garage.

My friend around the corner gave me a grocery bag of wild plums. They were a devil to prepare because they are so tiny. I got two mason jars of "jam". M and I decided it is more suited to plum sauce for egg rolls than a spread for toast.

Early yesterday afternoon I drove the 20 km. to my Pal's new house to see how she was getting on. She was struggling to open a tub of yogurt and hadn't eaten in 20 hours! (She is diabetic!) I set her up with her yogurt and a coffee and made her a bowl of oatmeal. She had been waiting for her d.i.l. to come help. She was struggling to get her meds sorted. Her family make plans to support her then don't follow up. They live just up the street.

Tomorrow I'm off to "run around" with my daughter. I think some breakfast is part of the plan. She is enjoying being on holiday this week.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear of your friend. I care for my father-in-law. Enjoy your day with your daughter. My oldest will be here today

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice that you are still able to help your pal.
    Lots of times, Talk is big, Action small.
    Stay Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete