Friday, August 21, 2026

Update

 We had a lovely time with M family at the cottage on Round Lake. We were back to the farm stand too! M bought a bushel of cucumbers for a mere 10$. We have been really busy today "doing them up" as my Scottish grandmother would say.

M's mother took a bit of a turn and had to go back for medical attention. His brother and the children will close up the cottage.

My Pal is home from hospital and tucked into her new home. I think she was a bit perturbed that I hadn't been to visit her! I tried to explain that her family wouldn't give me an update. I didn't know if she was in ICU or in a coma even!! I asked if I could drop off her keys and parking pass tomorrow but she said she was busy. I'll try again for Sunday. I'm going to stand back for a bit. She will call me when she needs help.

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. The back story is pretty sad. I love her dearly but there are things between her family and I , historically. I'm stepping back a bit.

      Delete
  2. Nobody can really explain why it happens, but many people become very nasty after some medical emergencies.
    Praying for both your Pal and M's Mother.
    Stay Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's her family who I have issues with. It's a very complicated relationship going back 40 years.

      Delete
  3. You're going to have oodles of pickles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes it is difficult trying to help. I think you have a good plan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, seems a bit unfair of your friend to be that way, but health issues affect everyone differently. She'll be in touch..........yup, when she needs you, 🤷‍♀️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The family say they are getting more involved in her needs and care, then fail to show. I went there at 1pm yesterday and had to make her breakfast and made sure she took her meds!

      Delete
    2. My Pal has been such a good friend to me for 40+ years. When my husband passed away in '04 only 9 months after we married, my Pal was by my side holding me up. Making sure I ate. Making sure I stayed engaged. I am forever grateful for her loving support and thankful I can repay her in kind.

      Delete