Wednesday, December 6, 2023

A trip to town

 I needed to send the Christmas boxes off at the post office this morning. My pal Paula and I arranged to meet and do a yarn swap. I'm always on the lookout for alpaca and she is happy to take the sock and cotton. It's a win win for both of us.

Natural beeswax candles are hard to find this year. I put a plea on the Facebook and a friend from way back told me she had some at her store. I headed there from the post office and cleaned out her supply of tapers. Hopefully she can make more?

Third stop was the UPS depot and a quick run through the mall. I needed more packing tape and a vegetable peeler. I bopped into this odd little department store in the mall and much to my wondering eyes, and tired bottom, found something I've been looking for. I need a new chair. Especially a rocking chair with nice padding. I found a beauty and it is SO COMFORTABLE. I told the man about it. Maybe it will show up beside our Christmas tree?

It was -16 when I headed down the road this morning. It's now mid-afternoon and the temperature hasn't gone about -10. Our lane got the snow cleared. There is ice on the Ottawa River this morning. Oh Winter you devil!! (But it's going to get rainy and warm in the next couple of days)


2 comments:

  1. It looked great this morning with sunlight on the icy trees, but the sun was gone before I could take advantage of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darn cold tonight! I put another blanket on the bed.

      Delete