Friday, March 8, 2024

TGIF

 What a gorgeous morning it is.  I made a pot of coffee and another of tea, then stepped outdoors with the princess pup. It was still well below zero but the sun was just lovely. I quickly ducked indoors and grabbed my car keys. I moved the car back around the front of the house. Why? 

We went to the town and did a pretty big grocery shop yesterday. It was a lot to carry in and Mr.M is still not able to carry much at all. Oh boy, when we drove up the side lane it did not feel good. It is very very soft. The car did make some slight divots but not nearly as bad as the mess the tractor made last spring! Seeing as the ground was good and firm after our cold night I was able to move Miss Tomato Red back in front of the garage on the gravel. Later on I'm going to slide the generator back into it's corner so I can put Miss R back under cover. We have a lot of rain and snow coming. (Or maybe I should just leave her out and let Mother Nature give her a bath? The joy of living on a dirt road. One can barely see any gravel on it for goodness sake.) It's not like we are planning to go anywhere for awhile.

Today we are going to bake bread and make Chinese food. Mr.M. makes the best wontons! I still think he's wasting his talents being a small engine mechanic. He should be a private chef. My goodness.

He's back to work next week. I sure hope his poor ribs are up to that. He does NOT need a setback.

My blog friends are showing little pretty things starting to grow. No such beauty here yet.

10 comments:

  1. We're looking at Thirty Hours of Rain. Once that leaves our area, Snow will be following. Then next Thursday, more Rain. If we get wet, it normally heads your way. Are you sure, you don't want to add Pontoons to the Car?
    It will take many more months before M's ribs stop bothering him.
    Stay Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He keeps commenting that he suddenly feels his age.

      Delete
  2. Hope hubby as healing well.
    We have tulips, but they are sheltered in the front, south facing garden in a microclimate.
    I hope the rain doesn't wash you out! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bed with my tulips is almost bare. I'm worried for them

      Delete
  3. More snow? Oh no. Your cooking today sounds very good indeed! I hope all goes well going back to work for Mr. M. I hope the weekend is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's looking pretty darn wet! Are you not getting it?

      Delete
  4. I am hoping that our car gets a good shower. I hate to pay for carwashes at this time of year when a wash doesn't last long.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No snowdrops. Indeed. Snow forecast to drop, out here in the bush. We had a neighbour drop us off a bottle of his syrup this week and we celebrated with pancakes.
    JG washed both the car and the truck in that warm spell. You would not really notice that he had done so. ED borrowed the truck for a run to Toronto to pick up furniture. Back to a mudbuggy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. arf arf arf arf, our townie friends must be HORRIFIED at the condition we let our vehicles get!!

      Delete