Thursday, April 25, 2024

Notes about stuff on a Thursday

 I was up early and headed to the town today. I'm hoping to get back into my Thursday routine. A quick trip to the garden center to collect a few bags of good soil. (We are on beach sand here so raised boxes with soil brought in is necessary to grow most things.) Second stop was the pharmacy to pick up a prescription for Himself. McD is across the parking lot so I popped in there to grab a coffee. I like their coffee. I drove downtown and parked at the marina for a bit to watch the geese and enjoy a peaceful sip. I walked over to the main street and purchased a birthday gift for my grandson. His birthday isn't until the middle of June, but a vendor I like had something nice on sale so it was the time to grab it. On the way home I swung by the dairy and picked up some yummy Maple Dale Cheese. We really like the Extra Old. They had the Maple Bacon in stock too!  So that was my exciting day. I was home by 11AM.

After a bit of a rest I went out and did a bit of yard work. The bags of soil had to be spread in the planter box. I raked a bit, then hung out the sheets. After all that I had a nap!

We were hauling out our garbage and recycle for the week. M and I noted that our entire recycle bin is cat food cans and those annoying plastic clam shell packs that our fruits and veggies come in. I wish there was some way around that nonsense. I recently had a dream where we saved those plastic containers in a clear plastic bag, then took them into the grocery store and demanded the manager do something about it, Hmmm, that's a thought!

While cleaning the downstairs bathroom this afternoon the scrapes on the cedar wall had me thinking back. My eldest daughter had a serious accident while she was away at university. She was in a wheelchair for quite a long time.  When we built this house in the late 80s, we thought ahead to aging in place. There is a no barrier main floor bedroom and bathroom. Until she learned to "drive" the chair well on her own, daughter would frequently scrape the wall.  I'm so happy she managed to get fully mobile as the years went on. 

I'm going to take my dog and go sit in the sunshine on the back porch before dinner.

6 comments:

  1. It's a good feeling to get back into routine. I hope your nice weather stays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure was a lovely day. More on the way! Good to get out and do a bit of yard work. Those plastic clam shells make great winter sowing containers.
    I've often wondered.... if everyone returned all the packaging to the stores from which they'd come...and the stores sent it back to the producers....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maple Dale cheese Extra Old -- that sounds like my kind of cheese! Sharp? Yum! I'm glad it's warm enough to sit in the sunshine . Sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting what brings memories to the forefront of our mi ds. Scratches on wood.
    It's nice to get outside for working or walking. I can picture you and your dog on a sunny porch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find a routine is really helpful. I don't think I would exercise at all without it.

    ReplyDelete