Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Say it ain't so

 The weather guessers are telling us we should expect 20 to 30 cm of snow over the next 24 to 32 hours! Winters last dash?

On thursday the heating contractors are coming to tear out our two old furnaces and installing a new gas model. M. phoned the heating contractor to see what they though, but they aren't worried. They said they would give us electric heaters between works.

We had a really nice Easter dinner. We had lots of family and strays. I was so happy that my dear daughter and M. sister (who was estranged to her family for several years due to an abusive marriage) were able to be here. The girls have known each other since their school days. 

I'm really getting ticked off with our postal service stamps. At Christmas time I had two cards, with enclosed gifts, returned due to the stamps coming off. I was so mad to find two Easter cards back in my box today with no postage. These peel and stick stamps aren't all their are not too reliable.

5 comments:

  1. Glad you were able to enjoy Easter with your family.
    We are only expected to see some flurries, but it should not stay.
    We've been using Glue sticks on the self-sticking stamps for the last three years. only other option is going to the Post Office.
    Stay Safe.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They sure picked a day to do the install! Get your woollies ready. Hope it all goes well. We need the moisture though. I'm not complaining.
    That is odd about the stamps. I use a few to keep in touch with folks who are not into computers, and haven't had a return yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I picture you deep in the bush, so I am surprised that you can hook up to gas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's bad about the stamps coming off. Not good at all. And I hope they give you heaters or else get it all in within a day because that's cold out there! So glad you Easter was nice.

    ReplyDelete