Sunday, April 21, 2024

April 21

 The weekend is drawing to a close. It is windy and cold. We've had ice pellets, snow and rain today. When I got up to the bathroom at 2AM the ground was white. When I woke up this morning it was raining and there was no sign of the white stuff.

We had a nice bbq dinner for M. stepsister;s birthday yesterday. She was estranged from her family due to a controlling abusive spouse for some years. We are all working hard to make up for lost time. Her late mother was my closest friend from more than 20 yrs ago.  Sister is within the same age range as my girls and knew them from school. She and my local daughter are friendly. I love this kid and happy she is back in the fold. When we are together she always wants to talk about her dear mother and I'm happy to have that time with her.

The dull weather and lack of movement on our household dilemma is playing on my nerves. All I want to do is lay in bed and read. M. took me shopping to replenish my art supplies a few days ago. I have sketches at hand and ideas in my minds eye, but just can't get up the whatever to pull out some canvas and start slapping on the paint. 

6 comments:

  1. The first step is the hardest. The one that gets you out of your chair. The one that sends you to a recipe site or book. The one that clears the clutter enough that you can think of a good thing, not the mess. I am not going to say "You CAN do it!" Because maybe now is not the time and you need to roll into yourself and just ... be.
    I keep telling myself that. Not sure I am listening. But, for what it is worth, you do not need permission to just be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weather plays havoc with our ambition level, for sure.
    It was nice to see the sun here today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Surely the bright sunshine today will give you a new lease on creativity. So sorry about the ongoing issues you are dealing with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes, people just need to have someone willing to hear how they feel. Sometimes repeatedly.
    Too bad you don't know someone in your area, not talking Contractors, that could help you rebuild, even if it means compensating them for their time. That's the way homes and barns used to be built.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have lacked motivation. I hear you!

    ReplyDelete